In the year 1854, the system of Average Daily Attendance in the school was established to take the place of the previous method of determining attendance by the census taken each year of all children between the ages of six and eighteen.
A bill introduced and passed in 1855, provided that upon petition of fifty(50) heads of families, a school, or schools could be established. During this year, fifty families of the Linda area used the formation privileged and opened a school called LINDA SCHOOL. It was first located on the old Marysville-Johnson Crossing road about where the Yuba College dormitories now stand. This road was later called the Linda Road or Linda Avenue. In 1927 Linda School then moved to it's current location at 6180 Dunning Avenue.